Monday, September 10, 2012

Tuesday September 11, 2012


CrossFit864 Strength and Conditioning

9-11-2012


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
-Psalm 23

"The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit. Instead we have emerged stronger and more unified. We feel renewed devotion to the principles of political, economic, and religious freedom, the rule of law and respect for human life. We are more determined than ever to live our lives in freedom."
-Rudolph Giuliani, former mayor of NYC

“Pray often, for prayer is a shield to the soul, a sacrifice to God, and a scourge for Satan.” 
-John Bunyan

NEVER FORGET!
  • The attacks resulted in the death of 2,996 people (Wikipedia)
  • Number of firefighters and paramedics killed: 343
  • Number of NYPD officers: 23
  • Number of Port Authority police officers: 37
  • Number of WTC companies that lost people: 60
  • Number of employees who died in Tower One: 1,402
  • Number of employees who died in Tower Two: 614
Today's Schedule: 5:15a.m./9:00a.m./4:15p.m./5:15p.m./6:15p.m.


Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes:
9 Deadlifts (225/135)
11 Burpee Pull-ups
100 Meter walk (one kettlebell held in the rack position) 
Load for walk = AHAP, weight can't rest on the shoulder.

Rx'd Burpee Pull-up = Complete a burpee and jump up to pull-up bar.
1) Your chest has to hit the deck on every rep insuring that you do a push-up.
2) The bar has to be high enough to where you have to jump up to grab it.
3) Your chin has to clear the bar on every rep.

If you are not able to do a burpee pull-up - complete:
11 burpees and 11 pull-ups.

Do you remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard about the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001?

Hope that your week is off to a great start!

Take a minute today to share an encouraging word with someone around you.

BE STRONG!
Jay and Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment