Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wednesday January 12, 2011

CrossFit 864

OK, guys and girls it sounds like the forecast for Wednesday morning indicates the temperature will stay below the freezing point and all of the snow, slush, whatever will be frozen on the roadways making it unsafe for travel on Wednesday morning. We have tried to do our part by not getting in the car since this stuff started so that we would not add to the problem and there was no real reason to drive. We had a lot of fun trekking around the neighborhood with our boys on foot. All of the officials that are out working and monitoring the conditions requested that everyone stay off the road unless it is an emergency so we felt that getting in the gym is important but not an emergency (even though it's real close to one.) Nobody misses being in the gym like we do so we are feeling your pain.

We will close Wednesday a.m. and will open at 5:30p.m. for one afternoon WOD - we will start warming up at 5:30 and spend approximately 15 minutes warming up and get the workout started as a group. We hope that we can get things going again on Thursday but will have to monitor the road conditions as it gets closer. We have missed being in the box the last few days and miss seeing all of you! Hope that you can make it in today. Let us know on CF864 Facebook if you plan on making it.

From: South Carolina Highway Patrol website - Driving in winter weather
http://www.schp.org/WinterDriving%20Tips2010.pdf

http://www.facebook.com/SCEMD?v=wall

“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
-John 10:14-18

Build your weakness until they become your strengths.
-Knute Rockne

Born on March 4, 1888 in Voss, Norway, Knute Kenneth Rockne is highly regarded as college football's greatest head coach. To this day, no head coach in the history of the game has had the same success as Rockne.

Today's off the wall fact that probably means nothing to anyone is:
On this day in history January 12, 1966 - "Batman" debuted on ABC-TV. Adam West starred as Batman and Burt Ward was the Bat-Boy, Robin. Pow! Zork! Crunch! Holy hot cakes, Batman!

On this day in history January 12, 1773 - The first public museum was organized in Charleston, South Carolina.

We did a home WOD on Tuesday night (everyone joined in - Willis and Sims hit it with us) it was really fun! We turned the den into a gym full of push-ups, sit-ups, planks and bear crawls. After we worked up a sweat we baked up a batch of "Paleo Double Chunk Cookies" and they were really awesome! Check out the recipe below.
http://www.health-bent.com/treats/paleo-chocolate-chunk-cookies

Did you see where the nutrition lecture was rescheduled for next Tuesday? Please go to the original posting on Facebook and reply if you will be able to make it then.

Thanks!

Drive Safe!

BE STRONG!
Jay and Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment