Monday, December 6, 2010

Tuesday December 7, 2010

CrossFit 864 "No Whining Zone"

Come get some!
WOD - 5:15a.m./9:00a.m./4:15p.m./5:15p.m./6:15p.m.

Warm up / Range of motion / Post your name/initials on the board before the WOD starts.

5 Rounds for time and load:
5 Ground to shoulders - (AHAP) as heavy as possible
5 Box Jumps - as high as possible
Max rep "unbroken" pull-ups (without coming off the bar or resting your feet on a box)

Post your weight used on ground to overhead, height of box and number of pull-ups each round.

Stretch - Hydrate - Refuel (EAT)

“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.”
- John 10:14-15

"It is only through work and strife that either nation or individual moves on to greatness. The great man is always the man of mighty effort, and usually the man whom grinding need has trained to mighty effort."
- Theodore Roosevelt, in a speech about Grant, delivered at Galena, Illinois,
April 27, 1900

Today's off the wall fact that probably means nothing to anyone is:
The word "nerd" was first coined by Dr. Seuss in "If I Ran the Zoo."

Passing on a recipe that I saw on a Paleo/Caveman site. I think that I will do the cooking in Coconut Oil if I try these.

Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers

Sometimes you just want some nasty old fried chicken fingers, but as a rule they are flour-coated trans fat-laden monstrosities. How to enjoy the crunch without all the badness?
Almond flour!

Ingredients: Serves 2

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into fingers
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp dry mustard powder
1/4 - 1/3 cup oil for frying (I used palm oil shortening, but I wouldn't hesitate to use olive oil or coconut oil either - or lard if I had it!)

Heat the oil a large pan over medium-high heat (but closer to medium than to high - you don't want the almond flour to burn)

Put the beaten egg in one bowl and the almond flour plus seasonings into another bowl. Dip each chicken finger in egg, then in the almond flour mixture.

Cook the chicken in two batches until it is golden on each side.

Post your workout on CrossFit 864 Facebook.

Question of the day (that NONE of you have been responding to)......so I will try one more time. Ha-ha!
What is your favorite CF exercise (not WOD) single movement/exercise?
Post on CF 864 Facebook.

Have a great day!

BE STRONG!
Jay and Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment